- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon instant malted milk powder
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
Add and knead
- 3 1⁄2 - 4 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- In a 9 by 13 inch pan melt 1/4 c margarine or butter.
- Press out dough (I turn it over in the margarine to coat both sides as it is a little sticky and it makes easier to work with).
Sprinkle dough with:
- Gresh or grated Parmesan (to taste).
- 1-1/2 t garlic salt.
- 1 T sesame seeds.
- Let rise 15 minutes.
- Cook in 400° preheated oven 12-15 minutes or till lightly brown and no longer doughy.
Join The Conversation
My family loves these and request them frequently. We are forever changing what we sprinkle on top to match the flavors of the meal. One of the favorites is kosher salt, garlic and Italian cheese blend or Asiago cheese. I have found I have to cook them longer as they are a bit doughy, but that's easy to fix!
This was by far the best breadstick recipe I've made- ever! The only thing I added extra was some finely diced black olives, just to get them out of my fridge. The kneading was done by my Kitchen Aid mixer, as another reviewer suggested, and worked wonderfully. As directed, I pressed them into a pan, but then sliced them with a pizza cutter prior to letting them rise for the "pull apart" effect like the pizza delivery companies have. Very good, and very filling, makes a large batch that the two of us hardly put a dent in. Next time will only make 1/2 a batch to cut back on leftovers. Thanks for the great recipe!