Uno's Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza Dough
- Ready In:
1 12-inch pizza
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in water.
- Add soybean oil and blend.
- Add flour and salt and mix thoroughly. If using a stand mixer, mix on medium speed for 4 minutes until the dough is smooth and pliable. If kneading by hand, knead for 7 to 8 minutes.
- Turn the dough out of the bowl and knead by hand for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add olive oil to a deep bowl. Place dough in bowl and turn twice to coat with oil.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a kitchen towel.
- Let the dough rise for 2 hours on counter, or overnight in fridge. DO NOT PUNCH THE DOUGH DOWN.
- Spread and push the dough ball across the bottom of a deep pan and up slightly on the sides.
- Add toppings of your choice, and bake in a preheated oven at 475 degrees for 25-30 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!