Homemade Best Foods/Hellmanns Mayonnaise Using Stick Blender
- Ready In:
- Break egg into bottom of 1-quart canning jar or other tall narrow jar. The jar should be only slightly wider than the end of the stick blender.
- Add lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, table salt and white pepper.
- Add 1 cup of vegetable oil.
- Place mixing blades of stick blender (turned off) all the way to the bottom of the jar, pressing down over the egg.
- Turn stick blender on high speed, hold in place at bottom of jar for about 5-seconds, until you see mayonnaise form under stick blender's mixing blades.
- Slowly pull stick blender upward until the mixing blades reaches top of jar, taking about 5-seconds to do so. The stick blender will turn the oil into mayonnaise as it is pulled slowly to the top of the jar.
- Chill before using to allow mayonnaise to thicken slightly and for flavors to develop.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Thank You... I'd tried many Mayo recipes in the past.. but this one is great... and YES.. I concur with Greatful.... Any/Most of the mainstream oils labeled " Vegetable Oil, Canola Oil, Corn Oil" Sold at the grocery store are TOXIC... either GMO, Petroleum by-products, etc.. I now ONLY use GHEE, Coconut, and Olive oils in ALL my cooking.. I use Coconut oils that have no coconut flavor to them.. and GHEE is expensive at the store, but you can make it cheaply yourself at home. It's basically Clarified Butter.. You just heat up butter and skim off the milkfat... making it butter with a high smoke point... and it keeps in the pantry for months with no refrigeration needed. =)