Homemade Bean Soup
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
An excellent meal for any occasion. Lots of fiber, very nutricious, and extremely easy to make. This recipe has an excellent taste that should please the entire family's taste buds. Enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 20mins
- 1 (10 ounce) can ro*tel original diced tomatoes with green chilies (Use the Ro*Tel HOT Diced Tomatoes with Habaneros for a spicier soup)
- 1 lb andouille sausage, crosscut into 1/4 inch medallions (This is the secret to the excellent taste of the soup)
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried navy beans
- 10 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 large carrots, crosscut into 1/4 inch medallions
- 2 stalks celery, crosscut into 1/4 inch medallions
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups extra wide egg noodles, dried
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, coarsely chopped
- water, to fill pot
- Fill 1 (5 quart) soup pot about half full of water. Stir into the water the Ro*Tel, cut sausage, beans, and boullion cubes. Bring to a rolling boil and then reduce to a simmer. Cover pot and let simmer about 3 hours until beans are soft enough to be mashed with a fork.
- When beans are soft and done, add the cut carrots, cut celery, chopped cabbage, and chopped onion. Do NOT add the noodles at this time. Add enough water to almost fill pot to the top. Stir and cover and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for about 30 to 45 minutes or so, until veggies are soft.
- Now turn fire off and add the noodles. Stir and cover pot and let set for about 30 to 45 minutes. Do NOT boil the noodles or they will be mushy.
- Stir occasionally to make sure beans are not sticking. That's it. Ready to eat. This is one soup you will really enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION