Homemade Baked Chips (Tortilla or Pita)
photo by Aurum Nictus
- Ready In:
- 10 -12 flour tortillas
- vegetable oil (or spray)
- Cut tortillas into 8 wedges.
- Brush or spray baking sheet with oil.
- Arrange tortilla wedges in a single layer on the baking sheet and brush or spray lightly with oil.
- Sprinkle with seasonings: salt or seasoned salt, chili powder, cinnamon sugar, etc.
- Bake at 325 until crisp and lightly browned, approximately 10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made these last night to take to a New Year's Eve party to serve with a dip I made. I used flour tortillas because that is what I had on hand. These were fantastic: super-fast, tasty, and versatile! Plus they look way better on the table than regular tortilla chips. I put all of the wedges in a ziploc bag with a little bit of olive oil and kosher salt, then put the wedges onto a baking stone and cookie sheets (lined w/ aluminum foil, for easy cleanup). Ground pepper over them before they went in the oven. Would love to try these w/ the cinnamon sugar sometime, too. Thanks for posting, MM! :)
I have been making these chips for years. I make them with cinnamon and sugar. I spray them with water before shaking on the cinnamon and sugar and bake them on a stone so there is no oil needed. I then sever them with a chocolate dip and they are delicious! They're so simple, but everyone LOVES them. I have never had any leftovers.