Hollow Beehive Bread
- Ready In:
- dissolve yeast in warm water (100 - 110 degrees F). Let sit 5 mins or until fully dissolved.
- melt butter into honey to 100 degrees F. set aside.
- add flour 1/2 cup at a time. when 2 cups have been added add butter/honey mixture.
- whisk eggs with salt and add 1 cup flour and mix into dough.
- add enough flour to make a soft dough. turn out on work station and knead till smooth and elastic. add more flour if needed for dough not to be sticky.
- Cover, let rise til almost doubled.
- divide dough into 20 equal pieces. roll each piece into 20 inch ropes. twist 2 ropes together and pinch ends to seal. repeat with rest of dough ropes.
- Invert a 2 quart oven safe mixing bowl. Starting at rim or bowl, wrap twists around bowl, pinching ends to join each new twist. Continue until all of bowl is covered. Let rise until puffy.
- brush dough with egg glaze and bake at 375 degrees F or until done. Cover with foil if necessary to avoid over browning. Finish product should be a medium golden brown.
- loosely crumple a large piece of foil to match depth and diameter of bowl. When bread has cooled slightly, carefully remove from bowl and insert the foil in it's place. Place on wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- mix honey butter by combining 1/2 cup softened butter and 1/8 cup honey. serve with bread.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!