Herbed Ricotta Filling for Manicotti Ravioli or Lasagne
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup ricotta cheese, whole-milk
- 1⁄4 cup parmigiano-reggiano cheese, fresh grated
- 2 tablespoons basil, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon rind, grated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 1 egg, large
- Drain ricotta cheese in cheesecloth-lined colander for 30 minutes. Combine the ingredients and mix thoroughly until well combined. You may want to make a double batch if you are making lasagne or manicotti.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota and moved to Ohio in 1978. It was quite a culture shock going from the city to living next to the Amish. I spend most of my time cooking, cleaning and caring for my four kids. I have abandoned cookbooks and now cook from favorite, wilted recipe pages and the internet. I fell in love with my Italian family recipes (Scavo, Rotella, Scalzo, Micelli, Grande, Gigliotti) and my Mom's homecooked meals.