Healthy Vegetarian Enchiladas
- Ready In:
- 1 (28 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 12 corn tortillas
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes (drained)
- 1 (8 ounce) container light cream cheese
- 8 ounces white cheddar cheese, grated (I used Alta Dena raw goat cheese)
- 1 white onion, sliced into thin slivers
- 4 zucchini, cut in half and then sliced into slivers
- garlic salt
- coconut oil (or your favorite cooking oil or spray)
Top with your favorite garnishes
- chopped romaine lettuce
- chopped tomato
- chopped cilantro
- avocado, slices
- low-fat sour cream
- Prepare your ingredients before you begin, slice veggies and grate cheese.
- Heat about 1 Tbs of oil in a pan and saute onions until clear, then add veggies and cook until tender. Add garlic salt to taste.
- Mix drained crushed tomatoes with cream cheese and set aside.
- Pour about 1 cup of enchilada sauce into the bottom of a casserole dish.
- To soften tortillas, wet lightly with your hands and place on a paper towel in the microwave for about 20 seconds.
- Once softened, dip tortilla into enchilada sauce and then spread about 1 Tbs of cream cheese mixture on tortilla and top with sautéed veggies. Then roll the ends in and place open side down into casserole dish. Continue doing this with all tortillas until the casserole dish is filled.
- Pour remaining sauce on top of tortillas and then sprinkle with grated cheese.
- Bake for 25 min in a 350°F oven.
- To serve top with garnishes of your choice.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been cooking since I was in my teens and became interested in health and nutrition in my early 20's. I try to find and create the healthiest and most nutritious meals I can to feed my family and friends. I love to eat and want to enjoy life to it's fullest, but I know that eating healthy is the key to a long and healthy life. I would love to share some of my family and friends favorite recepies and see what you think. Eating healthy taste great and helps you look and feel fantastic, it also leaves you room for an occasional treat!!!!!!