Hawaiian Roast Beef
photo by crys780
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 4 lbs beef roast
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons rosemary, minced
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- combine and press the garlic, rosemary, salt pepper and mustard into the roast.
- Line roasting pan w/ sliced onion.
- Place seasoned roast fat side up.
- mix pineapple, orange juice, wine, tomato paste and sugar and pour over roast.
- (optional) place in fridge for an hour to marinate.
- Bake at 325f - 165c covered for 90 minute.
- Uncover and roast for additional 30 minutes at 350f - 180c.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I made this for Sushiman's birthday dinner this past Shabbat, and it was perfect. I used 2 1/2 kilos of beef shoulder and cooked the whole thing up in the crockpot on high for ten hours. We had this with the sauce on Friday night and leftovers again for lunch without the sauce, and it was delicious both times! Thanks for a wonderful new recipe that will go into our regular Shabbat rotation for both ease and taste!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I was born in Southern Arizona with a taste for spice. Keeping kosher in Arizona was a challenge, so I had to eat at home a lot which meant I needed to experiment to have a variety of food available. I moved to Israel and my pallet has grown and cooking has blossomed. <br /> <br />I cook for the fun of it and rarely use a recipe as more than a base. I love to experiment and try new techniques and ideas.</p>