- Ready In:
- 1hr 25mins
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup oat bran
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon skim milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 cup applesauce
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg white
- fruit preserves (I like dates or prune or fig puree. I use no sugar added jam. Also good is plumped raisins soaked in) or pie filling (I like dates or prune or fig puree. I use no sugar added jam. Also good is plumped raisins soaked in)
- Mix applesauce, sugar and egg white. Mix flour, salt and baking powder and add to applesauce mixture. Add milk and vanilla,.
- Mix well with hands. Form into a ball and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- Divide dough into 16 small balls. Roll out each ball to a 3.5 inch diameter circle (you will need extra flour for hands and board, since the dough is sticky).
- Place in the center of each circle one (heaping) teaspoons of the filling.
- Form triangles by folding over edges of circle and pinch to create three corners, leaving a small amount of the filling in the center uncovered.
- Bake on a sprayed cookie sheet, at 375° F, 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!