MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From James Reeson Alive and Cooking and looks interesting and a meatloaf with a twist. Times are estimated. Our ham slices are about the size of a saucer.
- Ready In:
- 4 slices ham (thin cut of the bone)
- 500 g minced beef (ground beef)
- 1⁄2 onion (finely chopped)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon curry powder
- cooking spray
- Preheat oven at 200°C.
- In a large bowl mix the mince, onion, salt, pepper, garlic, tomato paste and curry powder then mix well until smooth.
- Lay down a long sheet of aluminium foil, then place a sheet of baking paper over the spray with the oil and then lay down the 4 slices of ham with the edges overlapping.
- Spread the mince mixture over two thirds of the ham then roll up like a swiss roll.
- Roll the baking paper into a bon-bon shape then roll with the alfoil and crimp the edges.
- Place onto an oven tray with a splash of water to cover the bottom.
- Bake at 200C for 25 to 30 minutes, then remove the foil and paper and slice and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Although we do like ham dishes, I've not been one to make ham loaves (too much like spam, I used to think), but this recipe might well change my attitude ~ We really enjoyed the combo of bam & beef in this loaf, & although I'm also not much of a curry fan, the small amount of it in this dish added very nicely to the overall flavor! Thanks for sharing the recipe! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]Reply