Ham and Cheese Filo Quiche
photo by Cleanfreshcuisine
- Ready In:
- 1 lb phyllo dough
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 24 ounces cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 sweet onion, finely diced
- 5 -6 mini colored sweet peppers, chopped
- 2 cups ham, cut into bite sized pieces
- Heat oven to 375 degrees. Melt the 1/3 Cup of butter. With a pastry brush, butter the baking dish. Layer the filo dough sheet by sheet, buttering between each layer. Make sure you fold the filo dough up the sides of the pan.
- In a medium sized skillet, melt the 2 tablespoons of butter over medium high heat. Add the chopped onion and peppers. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 to 7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cottage cheese, parmesan cheese and eggs. Add the pepper, oregano and garlic powder. Add the ham and cooked vegetables. Mix well and pour into the filo crust.
- Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for about 30 to 35 minutes or until center is set and toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before servings. Serve with a green salad. This recipe makes six generous servings.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
My name is Kyle and I am a Mom, a chef, a blogger and an event planner