Halibut With Butter Bean and Vegetable Ragout (South Beach P2)
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 15 ounces butter beans, rinsed and drained
- 24 ounces halibut fillets, 4-6 ounce pieces, skinned
- Heat the oven to broil.
- In a medium saucepan, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, salt, basil, and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 4 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and peas; cover and cook 4 minutes longer.
- Stir in beans, cover and cook 2 minutes longer. Remove pan from heat and leave covered to keep warm.
- While ragout is cooking, place halibut fillets on a broiler pan, season with salt and pepper and brush with remaining 1 t oil. Broil until opaque and cooked through, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Divide ragout evenly over 4 plates and serve fillets on top of ragout.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!