Whole Foods recipe - http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com//recipes/recipe.php?recipeId=2676
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs boneless leg of lamb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh oregano, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice, divided
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 1 cucumber, halved, seeded and grated
- 8 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and chopped
- In a large bowl, toss together lamb, half of the oregano, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, garlic, 2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add half of the lamb and cook, tossing constantly, until cooked through and liquid is absorbed, 5 to 7 minutes; transfer to a plate. Repeat process with remaining oil and lamb.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt, cucumber, remaining 1 tablespoon lemon juice and salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange quinoa on a platter or individual serving plates. Spoon lamb over quinoa, top with peppers, cucumber-yogurt sauce and remaining oregano and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Yummy! I want to try marinating deer venison in this super easy flavorful sauce. Can't believe that "FANCY" cucumber sauce is that easy!! Quinoa is foreign to me and I wanted something really easy tonight, so we went with making it like a Gyro on pita bread. My picky kids even liked the meat and cuke sauce. AWESOME.