- Ready In:
- 1 lb gumdrop (use the fruity, no licorice)
- 1 lb red seedless grapes (halved)
- 1 (16 ounce) package miniature marshmallows
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained, reserve juice
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3⁄4 cup pineapple juice (from crushed pineapple)
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- Mix the gumdrops, grape halves, marshmallows, pineapple, and nuts in a large bowl.
- Measure lemon juice and add an equal amount of water. Blend with the pineapple juice, sugar and vinegar in a pan.
- Bring to a boil. Stir in flour. Cook until thickened, stirring or whisking constantly. Cool.
- Pour over the gumdrop mixture and mix well.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fun! Fun! Fun! This was a treat for the Easter table. I made this as written and I really liked the lemon sauce. Make this the night before because it's better cold. TIPS: Use tidbit pineapple; cut gum drops smaller (Do they come tiny?) or use less. Add some on the top for looks but not in salad. Worth trying for Easter.