Gulf Coast Garlic /Butter /Wine Fish
photo by Mamas Kitchen Hope
- Ready In:
- 4 mild fish fillets (I usually use flounder or tilapia)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 dash olive oil, I make my own but unflavored is fine
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (more or less to your taste)
- 1⁄2 cup good white wine, not too sweet
- 1⁄2 lemon
- lemon pepper
- salt, add other seasonings to your taste
- your favorite mix herbs, I like rosemary and oregano
- Melt butter in skillet with oil. Add garlic, cook maybe 2 min on medium heat.
- Add the fillets, don't crowd them. Depending on your skillet and fillet size, I usually only do 2 at a time.
- Sprinkle seasonings on one side and add herbs to the butter. Add wine and lemon juice now. Cook maybe 5 minute.
- Now flip over and sprinkle other side with seasonings. cook 5 more minute or till flakes with a fork easily.
- Repeat with other fillets. Add more butter and wine if sauce looks like it is disappearing.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I am giving this recipe 5 stars because after changes it became great! I thought there was far too much lemon juice and even though i do not have a sweet tooth(!) it was very bitter for a sauce. I used fresh parsley, 1tsp italian dried herbs, 3 chopped green onions, 2tbs cream (to remove the bitter taste) 1 cup chenin blanc, a handful of sweet pink seedless grapes. My fish was hake. I shall make this again because it was delicious.
see 13 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I just had my 2nd little boy this past Jan of 08. isn't he cute? i had my other little one Jan of 06. he's rotten and a cutie also!! So now i have 2 Jan boys! My hubby's in the Army so we move every few years. Right now we are in our home state of TX! and happy to be back, close to family that can babysit for us! hubby is gone for a whole yr right now, so the baby will grow up without him right now. I've lived all over the world, the only place i haven't made it to yet is Europe, hopefully someday! <a href="http://www.glitter-graphics.com"><img src="http://dl9.glitter-graphics.net/pub/487/487219z1x4ryv6ny.gif" width=215 height=215 border=0></a><a href="http://www.glitter-works.org" target=_blank>glitter-graphics.com</a> Participation & Awards: <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/ZaarWorldTourPartBanner.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting"> <img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif"> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jessicatjink/teambanner1.gif" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a> <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c270/jessicatjink/ZWT3-Participation.gif" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>