Ground Beef with Hoisin
I "fusion" this by serving it in a tortilla. I put cheese, salsa, sesame seeds & sour cream in bowls. Guests fill a tortilla as they please. Has always been a success with guests.
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice (I use grated rind as well)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 lb lean ground beef (or other ground meat)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons ginger, minced
- 2 -3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- Combine orange juice& cornstarch and set aside.
- Saute meat over medium high heat until cooked.
- Drain off excess fat, remove and set aside.
- Add sesame oil to skillet, stir fry ginger, garlic and orange peel briefly.
- Add green onion and stir fry 1 minute.
- Return meat to skillet, add hoisin and stir until blended.
- Add orange juice mixture and stir until thickened (about 1 minute).
- Can serve over rice or couscous or"fusion" it as I do.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
I didn't care for this recipe very much at all. I didn't have any fresh ginger so not sure if that makes the difference or not. I put this in a tortilla like others suggested and only topped it with some cheese. The ground beef had a strange flavor, I didn't taste the orange at all, there was a bit of a kick to it but other than that it was somewhat on the dry side. I can't imagine putting this over rice as there was no extra sauce. My husband thought the recipe was just ok. only one of my kids would even try it, and I did not like it at all. This isn't a recipe I will be making again.