Baked Cheese Balls With Herbs and Sesame Seeds
photo by Baby Kato
- Ready In:
- 500 g fresh cheese (1 pound) or 500 g feta (1 pound)
- 1 cup mixed aromatic herbs, finely chopped (for example mint, oregano, dill or you can also use just one herb)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup potato, flakes (for puree)
- salt, to taste (if using unsalted cheese)
- pepper, to taste
- 1 -3 tablespoon wine, if necessary (if your cheese is to dry)
- sesame seeds, for topping
- Mash cheese with a fork.
- Add all the other ingredients except sesame seeds.
- Combine well.
- Divide the mixture into 40 parts and shape into small balls.
- Coat with sesame seeds and place on oiled baking tin.
- Bake in moderate heat (180°C/350°F) for about 15 minutes until the sesame is slightly toasted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
*Made for Australia/NZ Swap #82" Used parsley and dill -- dried, not fresh -- we were having a mini-blizzard ! May well have made a difference, but made the balls larger, and baked 5 minutes longer. Flavor was really good, but consistency a tad mushy. Very tasty with crackers -- and will do again according to recipe !! Thanks for posting, awalde.
Wow, these were terrific little jewels of flavor. I loved them, the texture and the flavor were perfect, I was sorry that I only made half the batch. For the herb mixture I used mint and oregano and I did use a little white wine. Thank you for sharing this recipe Awalde, I will definitely be making these again. I know my son is going to love them also.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm a wife, mother, beekeeper, food addicted and lover of nature as well as travels. Travelling I discovered the pleasures for the food, his colors, taste and spices. Now I?m really devoted to food photography and I love experimenting with new recipes to share them with my family and the world. My main inspirations: Italy: my roots Switzerland: homeland Greece: adopted homeland Travelling: spices and dreams Herbs and Bees: education in biology Colors and shapes: love eat with eyes as well