Hoisin Barbecue Chicken Breasts
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 4 (6 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- cooking spray
- Preheat broiler.
- While the broiler heats, combine the hoisin, honey, vinegar, and oil in a small saucepan; bringing to a boil over medium-high heat. Combine cornstarch and water; add to hoisin mixture, stirring with whisk. Bring to a boil; cook 1 minute stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- Combine salt and next 4 ingredients (salt through five-spice powder); rub evenly over both sides of chicken. Place chicken on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray, and broil 5 minutes. Brush with hoisin mixture; broil 4 minutes or until done, basting frequently with hoisin mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was hoping this would work well b/c I didn't have the five spice powder. Also, I didn't broil until approx. 7 minutes at the end! So, it worked really well and in fact it is on my keeper list! I just baked my chicken as I normally do, but I rubbed on the spices as directed. Then, the last 7 minutes of cooking, I painted on the boiled hoisin, honey, vinegar, oil, cornstarch , and water. Yummy!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a wife, mother and nurse. I have 2 boys born in 2002 and 2003. I love to cook and try to make something new at least once a week.The picture is my little boy Luke taking pictures of his dinner like mommy. I have really enjoyed posting pictures and will try to improve and do it more often. <br /><img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/LukeSamDad.jpg/IMG alt= /> <img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/engagementpicture.jpg/IMG alt= /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/beartag_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/adopted_1_1.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/completedbanner.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/FinishedJollyRoger_1.jpg border=0 alt=Image /> <br />[IMG]http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/FemCrewnamescomplete.jpg[/IMG] <br /><br /><a href=http://photobucket.com target=_blank><img src=http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e78/lmillerrn/FemCrewnamescomplete.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></a> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/World%20Tour/ZWT2.gif alt= /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/untitled.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/200_artistrichardneuman-art-prints_.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /> <br /><img src=http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/FFF/Switzerland-FFF4.gif alt= /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/smPACp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /></p>