Ground Beef and Bacon Turnovers #RSC
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Ready, Set, Cook! Reynolds Wrap Contest Entry. Main course turnovers filled with ground beef, bacon, cheese,tomatoes, peppers and onions baked in a golden pie crust.
- Ready In:
- Reynolds Wrap Foil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs cooked ground beef
- 1 lb cooked bacon, crispy and crumbled
- 1 pint grape tomatoes
- 1 medium red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 (8 ounce) package of shredded monterey jack cheese
- 4 ready-made pie crusts (four circles in all)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Cook and drain bacon and set aside (pre-cooked microwavable bacon works great).
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a large saute pan, brown the ground beef in 1 tbsp of olive oil and drain.
- Add add remaining tbls of olive oil, chopped onion, grape tomatoes and sliced red bell pepper. Continue to saute until onion and pepper are tender. Add cooked and crumbled bacon and cheese and toss gently. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay out four 18" x 18" pieces of Heavy Duty Reynolds Wrap.
- Unroll the pie crusts and lay one round crust in the center of each piece of foil.
- Add one quarter of the beef saute to the middle of each round pie crust leaving a 1" edge for folding.
- Carefully fold the Pie Crust over to make a turnover and crimp the edges to seal. Bring the Reynolds Wrap up and around the turnover leaving the top uncovered.
- Place on the center rack of a 450 degree oven and cook for approximately 20 minutes until lightly browned.
- Cool slightly and cut in half. Serve with a bottle of peppery Pinot Noir.
- Bon Apetite!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION