- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- In a small bowl, mix the yeast with a little of the sugar.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour with the salt, remaining sugar, butter, and milk, egg, and yeast.
- Knead the dough until it is smooth and elastic. Cover and leave to rise to twice the amount in a warm place.
- Knead the dough again, use a knife to cut off pieces of dough in the desired size and roll out to an oval shape.
- Shape the dough into the shape of a person, with head, arms and legs.
- Use almonds, raisins, and candied fruit to decorate the dough. Leave to rise in a cool place for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Brush with egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes at 350°F.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in Alaska. I'm always trying to find new recipes and I enjoy sharing my own wild and crazy food experiments with others. My current passion is my rice cooker, which I love; I wish I had more recipes for it.</p>