Grilled Shark in Beer
This one takes a little preparation, but is so good--especially with the included sauce.
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs shark steaks
- 6 ounces dark beer
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper
FETA AND BEER SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup dark beer
- 1⁄2 cup shrimp stock
- 4 teaspoons roasted garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons shallots, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 ounces pine nuts, toasted
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt and pepper
- chives (to garnish) (optional)
- Prepare marinade and marinate shark 30-40 minutes.
- In a saucepan, combine 1/2 cup beer and stock. Over medium heat, deglaze and reduce to half.
- Add garlic, shallots and cream. Reduce by half again or to desired consistency.
- Reduce heat, add pine nuts and feta cheese. Stir in butter, season to taste.
- Remove fish from marinade and grill until cooked to preference.
- To serve, place 2 tablespoons sauce on each plate and place shark on the sauce.
- Garnish with chives and crumbled feta cheese if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION