Grilled Peanut Butter Chicken
A fun and easy grilled chicken recipe. You could also broil these.
- Ready In:
- 2 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or 2 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion, optional for garnish (optional)
- Place chicken in a plastic Ziplock bag or a glass pan.
- In a bowl, whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, brown sugar, garlic powder, red pepper flakes and ginger. Pour this marinade over chicken.
- Chill and allow the chicken to marinate for 6 - 8 hours, or up to 24 hours.
- Lightly oil grill.
- Grill marinated chicken (discarding marinade) for 6-8 minutes per side or until done.
- Serve sprinkled with chopped green onions, if desired.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Really good! Will say what some others said. I made it exactly according to the recipe and it ended up being very, very thick. The recipe said to "pour it over the chicken". This was not possible..way too thick. So I started adding some chicken stock a little at a time until it was thin enough to pour. I think I ended up adding about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of stock. But then I used it according to the recipe and it was very good!3Reply
see 19 more