African Style Grilled Peanut Butter Chicken
photo by DianaEatingRichly
- Ready In:
- 1 chicken (cut in serving pieces)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup water (hot)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper (dried-crushed)
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro (chopped fine)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients (except chicken), if mixture is too thick, keep adding hot water until mixture is similar to cream.
- Reserve 1/2 cup of marinade mixture for basting while grilling.
- Place remaining marinade in zip loc bag, add chicken pieces, squish to combine, marinate for 2-3 hours
- Heat grill, lightly oil grates, place chicken on grate and brush with reserved peanutbutter mixture while grilling. Grill until juices run clear.(about 30 min).
- Serve with rice or potatoes.
Questions & Replies
Great flavor. The peanut butter just adds richness to the spice. I tasted the marinade before pouring onto the chicken and it wasn’t quite spicy enough for me so I sliced a Serrano pepper from my garden and added it to the marinade only - not the saved portion for basting. Perfect undertone of spice with the creamy richness of the peanut sauce. Oh and I used thighs. Not all Americans are obsessed with chicken breasts. ;) Bleh. Avoid whenever possible. Will definitely make this again.
see 14 more reviews