Grilled or Baked Salmon With Lavender
- Ready In:
- 3 lbs salmon fillets
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 6 tablespoons virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lavender, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce or 1 tablespoon tamarind paste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place all ingredients except salmon, in saucepan over moderate heat, stirring with a wire whisk at all times until ingredients are reduced by one-third, to create a sauce.
- When sauce has cooled slightly, brush on salmon filet.
- Grill salmon, basting with sauce occasionally, setting some aside to top when served. Salmon is cooked when fish flakes.
- To bake salmon, preheat oven to 350. Cover salmon with sauce, setting some aside to pour on salmon before serving.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until salmon is flaky, basting occasionally.
- Wonderful with rice or potatoes.
Join The Conversation
Delicous, delicate and flavorful! My fish remained very moist as well. I used the baked method today and served with a version of a dressed up garlic mashed potato and sliced cucumbers. Very nice! I would make this for my guests anytime! Grilled would be wonderful as well! **Made for Beverage Tag 2008**