Grilled Leg of Lamb With Garlic and Rosemary
A great way to prepare lamb on the grill. Leftovers make great sandwiches too. Time does not include marinating time.
- Ready In:
- 8 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 5 lbs leg of lamb, butterflied
- Combine garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper in small bowl. Mash with fork to form coarse paste. Place lamb in shallow baking dish. Spread half of garlic paste over each side. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight. Bring to room temperature before cooking.
- Prepare barbecue (medium-high heat). Grill lamb until brown and crusty on outside and thermometer inserted into thickest part registers 130ºF for medium-rare, turning occasionally, about 25 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes. Cut on diagonal into thin slices and serve.
- Add 2/3 cup red wine, 1/4 cup red wine vinegar, and 3/4 cup olive oil to the marinade. Refrigerate overnight.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Made this with the variation, marinated for 24 hours and then planked it using a one inch by ten inch by sixteen inch cedar plank. Soaked 2 planks for 24 hours and cooked for an hour, after 15 minutes cooking I then placed small new potatoes cut in half on the second plank. Everyone was raving about it and they all wanted the recipe.