Grilled Halibut With Pineapple Chipotle Salsa
photo by Galley Wench
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1 fresh pineapple, trimmed cored and sliced 1/2 thick (or use 2 - 15 oz cans sliced, drained pineapple)
- vegetable oil, as needed
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, rinsed, seeded & finely diced
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1⁄2 medium orange, juice of
- 1⁄2 medium orange, zest of
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons roasted red peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) halibut steaks or (6 -8 ounce) halibut fillets
- Plump raisins in rum for 30 minutes; drain.
- Heat grill to medium high heat. Brush pineapple slices with oil & grill until lightly caramelized on both sides. Cool & cut into 1/2" pieces; put in mixing bowl.
- Combine chipotles, lime juice, orange zest & juice. Whisk in olive oil. Pour over pineapple chunks, fold in green onion, red pepper, cilantro & raisins. Salt to taste. Set aside.
- Brush halibut heavily with oil & grill just until fish is opaque throughout, gently turning once. The grilling time on halibut is pretty short so keep a close eye on it to avoid over cooking. *** A 1-inch halibut steak will grill up in about 10 minutes over a medium high heat. Thinner cuts and fillets can cook in as little time as 6 minutes.
- Serve topped with salsa.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Hello from suburban Fort Worth, Texas! <br /> <br /><br /> <br />______________________________________________ <br /> <br /> <br />*My rating system defined* <br /> <br />Very few recipes really knock my socks off - I love to cook but am not a gourmet. <br />This said: <br /> <br />***** - met all my expectations in taste & appearance; directions were clear & easy to follow. <br /> <br />**** - fell slightly short of my expectations in taste or appearance or directions were faulty or not completely clear. <br /> <br />*** - mediocre taste and/or appearance; most likely a recipe that I would not use again without much modification. <br /> <br />** - taste and/or appearance was not to my liking; a recipe that I would not attempt to modify or use again. <br /> <br />* - taste was absolutely not to my liking (I can't imagine ever using this rating as I can generally tell by the ingredients if I will enjoy the finished product or not) <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/chefbanner1.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /> <br /><img src=http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j44/scmurray51/hagshat.jpg alt= /> <br /> <br /><br /> </p>