Grilled Creamed Corn
- Ready In:
- 8 ears corn, husked
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese
- salt and black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat grill to medium high. Arragne corn on grate and grill, turning occasionally, until golden brown and softened (8-10 min).
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the corn kernels from the cobs and discard the cobs. You should have about 5 cups kernels. Lower the grill temp to medium.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet over the grate.
- Add the butter to melt, then whisk in the flour until combined and foaming (2 min).
- Gradually whisk in the milk and cream cheese and cook, whisking constantly, until smooth and thick, 2-3 minute.
- Stir in the corn kernels, season with salt, black pepper and the cayenne.
- Cook until heated through, about 1 min.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY