Grilled Chicken With Corn Salad
- Ready In:
FOR THE CHIPOTLE DRESSING
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped chipotle chiles in adobo or 2 teaspoons chipotle hot sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated lime rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
FOR THE SALAD
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 3 cups grilled corn kernels
- 1 cup grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1⁄2 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 4 -6 cups torn salad greens (romaine, spinach, arugula, red and green leaf lettuce)
- FOR THE CHIPOTLE: In a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together oil, lemon juice, chipotle, garlic, oregano, lime rind and salt,.
- FOR THE SALAD: Remove 1 tablespoons of the dressing and brush on both sides of chicken. Place on greased grill over medium-high heat; close lid and grill 6-8 minutes on each side or until juices run clear and internal temperature reaches 185F on meat thermometer. Transfer to cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes. Slice into thin strips. Chicken can be covered and refrigerated for up to 24 hours.
- In a large serving bowl, combine chicken, corn, tomatoes, cilantro, onions, and red pepper; toss with remaining dressing. Divide salad greens among plates and evenly distribute salad over top.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.