Grilled Chicken Marsala
- Ready In:
- olive oil, as needed
- 16 ounces chicken breasts
- 2 ounces low-sodium bacon, cut in 1/4-inch pieces
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 5 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup high-grade dry marsala wine
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 tablespoons heavy cream (maybe less)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, minced
- Season chicken with salt and pepper and grill.
- In the meantime, coat large skillet lightly with olive oil and set over medium-high heat.
- Add bacon and cook just until crisp and lightly browned. Add mushrooms and cook until just beginning to soften and brown.
- Combine Marsala, broth and corn starch.
- With pan over medium-high heat add the Marsala mixture and scrape up the browned bits from the bottom of the pan.
- Cook Marsala mixture until it is reduced by one quarter.
- Stir in cream and simmer until you get a nicely thickened sauce.
- Add the chicken to the pan and turn to coat and reheat for a minute.
- Serve with the sauce over top and a sprinkle of parsley.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota and moved to Ohio in 1978. It was quite a culture shock going from the city to living next to the Amish. I spend most of my time cooking, cleaning and caring for my four kids. I have abandoned cookbooks and now cook from favorite, wilted recipe pages and the internet. I fell in love with my Italian family recipes (Scavo, Rotella, Scalzo, Micelli, Grande, Gigliotti) and my Mom's homecooked meals.