Grilled Cheese With a Twist
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- 8 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 ounces swiss cheese (slices)
- 2 small tomatoes, each cut into 4 slices
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced into 4 rings
- 4 tablespoons sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- Top each of 4 slices of bread with 2 slices cheese, 2 tomato slices, 1 bell pepper ring, and 1 tablespoon olives.
- Top each with remaining bread slices.
- Spread outsides of each sandwich with margarine.
- Place sandwiches two at a time in large skillet or griddle over medium heat; cook on both sides until cheese is melted and sandwiches are golden brown on both sides.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was really super! I used three different cheeses, and used a little extra. I also added some fried sweet peppers and a 12-grain bread. I layered it with a slice of sharp cheddar and a slice of Monterrey Jack, the tomatoes, fried peppers, olives, and then a slice of cheddar and a slice of Muenster. It was really superb, and took a simple grilled cheese to another level. Thanks for posting this.
I just made the one sandwich which I thoroughly enjoyed, I used wholemeal/wholegrain bread and used a slice of red capsicum and omitted the olives as I don't really care for them and used my sandwich press to toast, so didn't use the margarine. Thank upi wicked cook 46, made for Please Review My Recipe.
wow this is a delicious grilled cheese. We wanted another after LOL I used red bell pepper cause that's what I had. The swiss cheese is great in that even though DH said it would like it better with jalapeno monterey jack LOL I used butter. And I used egg bread that I bought. Yummy! Thanks Wicked Cook :) Made for Newest Zaar tag