photo by yogiclarebear
- Ready In:
- 2 large artichokes, stems removed at base
- 4 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons olive oil (or combination of both)
- 8 tablespoons dry white wine
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Cut the artichokes in half lengthwise.
- Grill on Med/Hi heat for about 5 minute each side or until slightly charred.
- Remove from grill.
- Tear off 4 sheets extra-duty tin foil and assemble on each sheet: 1/2 artichoke, 1 t garlic, 1 T butter, 2 T wine and salt and pepper.
- Wrap tightly and grill (indirect heat) for an additional 45 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
We really loved these artichokes and they so easy and fun to make, plus to you make them according to your people's taste...my husband doesn't like garlic so I prepared his package without it and screwed up the foil to indicate 'no garlic'. I got these going first, before the chicken wings that I served them with, and then added the prepared package to the grill to finish them off along with the wings. Thanks for posting this recipe Crispychick, we really loved it!
Made these the other day and they were PERFECT! I did, however, use more garlic than suggested and pressed it. Then stuffed the garlic between the leaves of the artichokes and proceeded with the rest of the recipe. Definately a keeper here! But d*mn it! I forgot to take a picture. Will try to remember next time I make these.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I live in athens, ga and have a seasonal peanut brittle making business. I also do some catering and personal chefing. For fun i like gardening, listening to music, reading magazines and cookbooks, playing tennis, playing with my dogs (2 labs, 1 yorkie)and cooking. My favorite cookbook is Joy of Cooking and I am addicted to watching the food network. I love Jamie Oliver's style. A pet peeve in the kitchen is my husband picking at the food before it's ready. (Maybe I should take that as a compliment!)</p>