Green Chili Carbonara
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a little something I came up with using ingredients from our summer garden!
- Ready In:
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 18 ounces pasta, any variety you like
- 3 medium green chilies, fine chopped, I prefer Hungarian Hot Wax Peppers
- 3 medium green onions, fine chopped
- Start boiling enough water for your pasta.
- Salt your water.
- If not already done, cut open and seed your peppers, and then finely chop them and the green onions.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs and Parmesan cheese until well blended, almost paste-like.
- Add green onion and peppers, mix.
- When pasta is al-dente, remove from heat and position next to your bowl with egg/cheese mixture.
- With a slotted spoon, put the pasta into the egg/cheese mixture, stirring constantly. Some of the pasta water will get in, but that is fine.
- Continue mixing until it makes a nice creamy sauce.
- Plate if desired and serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION