Green Apple Spinach Salad
photo by Rinshinomori
- Ready In:
- 1 (16 ounce) bag spinach
- 1 granny smith apple, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup toasted slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Place spinach, apple, almond and blue cheese in salad bowl.
- To make dressing, combine oil, vinegar, soy sauce, honey and dijon and garlic in a food processor (or shake in a jar like i do) and emulsify.
- Pour over greens and toss.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This was totally awesome and with ingredients I always have on hand. When I was starting to make the dressing, I saw 2 T Dijon mustard and thought that's just way too much. Well, it's not at all. That amount of Dijon really balances out the soy taste really well. Two ingredients are must in this recipe and they are blue cheese and apples. What a great combination of flavors.
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I'm a mom of two knuckleheads who continually crack me up and wear me out. I live to eat, cook, drink wine, run and read. I am a baker...I make wedding cakes for friends and family..a ton of work. I also love to search craigslist for stuff I don't need. I also happen to work for Food.com, the best cooking and recipe site out there!</p>