Greek Vegetable Kabobs
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
- 1 small eggplant, about 3/4 lb cut into 2-inch cubes
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 8 small red potatoes, about 2-3-inch in diameter
- 3 medium zucchini, sliced lengthwise, then into 1-inch slices
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded and cut into 1-inch squares
- 2 medium onions, cut in wedges (separate wedges into 2-3 layers each)
- 16 whole mushrooms
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar or 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground pepper
- Combine all ingedients for the Herb Marinade -- and set aside.
- Cook eggplant in 1" boiling water for 3 minutes and drain.
- Cook carrots in 1" boiling water until just tender crisp and drain.
- Cook unpeeled potatoes in 1" boiling water for approximately 15-20 minutes. Drain and cut in half.
- Place eggplant, carrots, potatoes, zucchini, peppers, onions and mushrooms in a large plastic bag. Add marinade, seal bag well.
- Refigerate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Drain veggies and reserve marinade.
- Using 8 metal skewers, thread veggies, alternating varieties.
- Place on lightly greased grill, over low heat.
- Cook, turning often, basting with the reserved marinade for 10-15 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
- Sprinkle lightly with salt before serving.
- Remaining marinade can be used again. It can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Makes 8 skewers; 2 skewers per person.
- NOTE: If wooden skewers are used, soak them in water for 15-20 minutes before using. This prevents the wood from burning.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Yikes!! My daughter had fun in PaintShop Pro!! What she can do with a picture. My husband and I live in the "bush" and hour from the closest town. Life here is quiet, yet so much more busy than when we lived in the "city". We grow our own veggies, several kinds of berries, and grow lots of hard neck organic garlic. We have 60 chickens, 4 dogs, 1 cat, 1 bird. Quite the menagerie. I make all my own breads, and sell them (along with the eggs). I have a group of friends whom I make extra goodies for. http://www.quizmeme.com/poohpersonality/quiz.php <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/200_PACpic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/projects/pacbanner.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"> <img src="http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp340/northwestgal/redbannercopy.jpg" border="0" alt="New Kids Participation Banner"> <img src="http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/soup_banner.jpg"> <img src=http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/590105/hcabc.jpg> <img src="http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/KBparticipation.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src ="http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u208/diner_photos/lazymecookathon.jpg"> <img src="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/GGtiedyesmall.gif" > <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket">