Greek Rice Pilaf
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 - 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried mint
- 1⁄16 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1⁄2 cup green peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- In a heavy skillet, saute the onions in oil on medium heat until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic, mint and pepper and saute for 2 more minutes.
- Stir in the spinach, lemon juice, rice and green peas.
- Add the dill.
- Cover and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When the spinach is limp and the rice is hot, top with the feta and serve immediately.
Join The Conversation
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<embed src="http://walkertracker.com/badge/v1/flashbadge.swf?id=Ms*Bindy&date=20070316" width="140" height="200" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" /></embed> <a href="http://walkertracker.com/walker.php?Ms*Bindy&i=1eb0d8f2e3b" title="A walking community for pedometer geeks">View Ms*Bindy's Step Blog at Walker Tracker</a>