Grecian Lamb Balls
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Another original from Melissa Diane Smith's book, "Going Against the Grain". I make this just as she wrote it. They're delicious and freeze well.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 2 -5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 -3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 -4 teaspoons oregano or 2 -4 teaspoons mint leaves
- 2 -4 teaspoons cinnamon
- unrefined sea salt (optional)
- fresh lemon juice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl, knead together the lamb, garlic, parsley, oregano or mint, and cinnamon until they are well mixed.
- Form into 1-inch meatballs and place in a baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes until done to your liking.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and lemon juice just before serving.
- Variation: For Dill Lamb Balls; Substitute 2 tsp dried dill for the oregano or mint and omit the cinnamon.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 3 more