Great Balls of Fire
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a great way to light up a party. Sausage balls with a little zip. Big hit.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bulk sausage (hot)
- 2 cups biscuit mix
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Mix all ingredients thoroughly.
- Roll tablespoonful of mixture into balls.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Turn balls over and bake 10 minutes more or until done.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were great! I only gave a 4 b/c we didn't think they were hot at all. We will have to spice them up a bit for my crew. I was thinking of adding some chili powder or cajun hot seasoning to them.Super easy recipe. DH made them all by himself and he doesn't do much in the kitchen. LOL!! These are a definate keeper! They will be going into my hard copy cookbook of favorites!!! DH wants to make them for New Years Eve.Reply
I really liked the twist of using the pepper jack in place of the traditional cheddar. Next time I will spray the pan, because despite the grease from the sausage, mine stuck to the pan. Everyone loved the taste, but they were a bit "ugly"! I also need to remember to mix in a really big bowl, kneading by hand.Reply
see 10 more