- Ready In:
- 75 g butter (3 oz)
- 5 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 300 g rolled oats (10 oz)
- 50 g dried shredded coconut (2 oz)
- 50 g sliced almonds (2 oz)
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon linseeds
- 75 g rye flakes (3 oz)
- 75 g dried fruit (salad a mix of fruits 3 oz, roughly chopped)
- Preheat oven to 160C, 325F or gas mark 3.
- Place the butter, honey and vanilla essence in a small saucepan.
- Cook over a medium heat, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes or until the honey and butter are combined.
- Place all the remaining ingredients, except the dried fruit salad mix, into a large bowl and mix well.
- Carefully stir in the butter mixture and then spread the mix over the base of a large, nonstick roasting/baking pan and place into the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the grains are crisp and browned stirring occassionally to prevent the mix from sticking.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool,.
- Stir in the dried fruit salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"With the demise of the forums and with no more interaction on site with what was a great community and it was a pleasure to get to know so many of you over the years and to have had the privilege of meeting some of you in person. For me now this is just another recipe site like to many on the net, it has lost its specialness, such a pity especially when Scripps changed the name from Recipezaar to Food.com and made this statement sorry cannot replicate here as considered invalid but they basically said yes the community was valuable hence .com was short for community but it was a pack of lies as they were not willing to put the money into that community and got rid of the forums which was the community so for .com has become .crap."
Join The Conversation