Grandma Rita's Meatballs
This is my MIL's meatballs - which she made for her family of three boys - thus the reason the meatballs were made so big! Now I make these for my three boys. One of my husband's favorite meals served with boiled potatoes. Is a fairly quick fixing/hearty meal for weeknight!
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 -4 pieces bread, softened with
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped onion
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (32 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Soften bread in milk and squeeze dry to break bread into pieces.
- Add to hamburger the bread, onion and salt/pepper to taste. Add a dash or two of worcestershire to the meat mixture as well-but not alot.
- Shape into large balls- (a little larger than golfballs- some say little softballs) Melt butter in large skillet.
- Add the worcestershire sauce to melted butter.
- Brown the meatballs in butter- until well browned.
- Remove meatballs to separate plate.
- Add a bit of water to deglaze pan-- add soup and stir well.
- Add the meatballs and cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
We just loved the meatballs and gravy...Great flavor and Meatballs were super also. I drained fat from the skillet and deglazed the pan and added the soup. Wonderful gravy and meatballs with boiled potatoes and Green Beans rounding out this wonderful meal. I sure will make this again. Keeper for us. Thank You.Reply