Goat and Mashed Sweet Potatoes
photo by David04
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon margarine, reduced fat
- 2 tablespoons low-fat milk, warmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, medium cut into wedges
- 1 zucchini, cut into cubes
- 2 yellow squash, quartered
- 1⁄2 lb cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 lbs goat meat, leg trimmed of fat
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- Preheat oven to 250F degrees and brush goat with the half of the oil and season with cumin, coriander and pepper.
- Cook for 4 hours at 250F degrees.
- Cook Sweet Potatoes on medium high for until tender.
- Drain and add margarine and milk and mash. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan over medium heat and add onion, zucchini and squash and saute 5-7 minutes.
- Add tomato, increase the heat to high and cook for 3 minutes , the tomatoes should start to collapse.
- Stand for 5 minutes and serve with sweet potato and onion mixture.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!