Goan Beef Roast
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is Bella Fernandes' prize winning recipe from the Thursday magazine's(March 25-31st'04) issue. I hope you enjoy it!
- Ready In:
- 1 kg beef
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger paste
- 2 teaspoons fresh garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 4 -5 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 dried red chilies
- 2 large onions
- Put all the ingredients mentioned under"Marinade" together in a bowl and mix well.
- Add beef and mix well to coat with everything.
- Marinate for 10-12 hours in the refrigerator.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Toss in the red chillies,allow to splutter and then add the chopped onion.
- Stir-fry until golden brown.
- Add the marinated beef pcs.
- to it.
- Cover and allow to cook till the water reduces to half.
- Cut the beef into thin slices when it is hot.
- Add it again to the vessel and cook on low flame until all the water dries up.
- Serve with chilli fried potatoes.
- You can use this recipe to prepare the stuffing for sandwiches.
- Use these slices of roast, lettuce, cucumber and tomato as per your taste and make great sandwiches.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION