Glazed Lemon Bundt Cake
If you like lemons - this is the cake for you! It reminds me of summertime so that's when I usually make it. I got this recipe from TOH and haven't changed anything. We like it the way it is. Times are approximate.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 50mins
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in extracts.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in lemon peel.
- Pour into a greased and floured 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes; invert onto a serving plate.
- Cool 10 minutes longer.
- Combine glaze ingredients.
- Drizzle over warm cake.
- Cool completely before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This recipe was made as per instructions exactly. If you truly like lemons, this cake is not for you. The cake was dry, even though I tested it towards the time limit. Further, the cake had no lemon flavor, other than the glaze. If real lemon juice were added to the recipe, it would have given it some zing, but with just lemon extract (in addition to the vanilla extract) and one tablespoon lemon zest (most recipes I've seen require at least a quarter cup), this recipe has no kick. It could be fine if all you want is a yellow cake, but even then, it's too dry.Reply
see 5 more