Glazed Eggnog Spritz
photo by ChrisF
- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 350°.
- In large bowl, beat sugar and 1 cup butter with mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in vanilla, 2 tsp rum flavor and the egg until smooth. Beat in flour and 1 tsp nutmeg.
- Place 1/4 of the dough at a time in cookie press.
- On ungreased cookie sheet, form desired shapes with dough.
- Bake 6-10 minutes until edges are lightly browned. Cool 1 minute; form desired shapes with dough.
- In small bowl, stir all glaze ingredients except nutmeg with spoon until smooth and thin enough to drizzle. Pour mixture into small resealable plastic food-storage bag; cut off tiny corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle glaze on cookies. Before glaze is set, sprinkle 1/2 tsp nutmeg over cookies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
My new favorite cookie!!! Who would have thought you can get an 'eggnog' taste without using that thick FATTENING stuff!? I did sprinkle nutmeg on top and took them to work with me. Got RAVES! The whole batch was gone by noon and there are only 5 employees here. I'm GRATEFUL for this holiday recipe-it will be a new tradition! And they are so pretty. I'm going to make some more and add a photo!