photo by casey
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream butter; gradually add sugar.
- Blend in egg and almond extract; beat well.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture.
- Press dough through cookie press onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with colored decorating sugar.
- Bake for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
Spritz are a tradition for my family and over the years we have tried various recipes. I have modify my recipe based on our favorite three. Instead of one egg, I use 3 egg yolks. And I use 1 1/4 c. powdered sugar. Bake at 375Â° for 5 minutes on parchment and let cool on the sheet. They turn out melt-in-your-mouth delicious!!!
see 65 more reviews
My first successful spritz with my cookie press. I used 1 t vanilla and 1 t orange extract instead of the almond extract, to avoid nut allergy issues. Based on the directions in for my Pampered Chef cookie press, I used the dough immediately, rather than chilling. Next time, I'll only bake one sheet at a time - the sheet on the bottom rack browned too much. The flavor is good, the texture is great, and the dough was easy to work with. Thanks for sharing! Edited to add: For my second batch, I used 2 t orange extract. Even better than the first batch!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in to Jacksonville, FL with my husband, 2 daughters (17 and 11), 4 cats, and 2 dogs. My favorite things to make are cookies/bars and pound cakes. I have had a great time cooking since discovering Recipezaar January 2002. This is a picture of my youngest cat, Lily. She is my sweet sweet little baby.