Chocolate-Mocha Spritz Cookies
photo by KerfuffleUponWincle
- Ready In:
90-120 Spritz cookies
- Preheat oven to 400F (200 degrees C).
- Combine the flour and salt in a small bowl, stir to mix.
- Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until light and fluffy, Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Add the chocolate, beat again, add coffee and cocoa powder.
- Gradually add the the flour mixture while making.
- Fit a cookie press with desired plate and fill the press with dough, press the dough 1 inch apart onto a ungreased cookie sheet. If you don't have a press, I'm sure you could use a pasty bag and pipe shapes.
- Bake batches for 7 mins or until set (you might want to play around with timings as most ovens are unique). Note these cookies harden whilst they cool, I would also recommend using a mixer unless your super strong as it's quite a lot of dough.
I love the rich, chocolatey flavor of these spritz! I've been wanting to try a chocolate spritz for several years now, but all the recipes I've previously come across sounded like they might be a little plain or bland for my tastes. These are very tasty, and the coffee intensifies the chocolate flavor for me. I made a half batch as part of my head start on Christmas baking (but I'm sure I'll be making more in the next few weeks!) and followed the directions as stated. I got approximately 52 cookies. Bake time for my oven was about 6 minutes. I drizzled some white chocolate over the top for decoration and now I can't wait to share them with my family and friends. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe!!!