Cream Cheese Spritz Cookies
photo by Joan H.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour, sifted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- food coloring, if desired
- Cream shortening and cream cheese.
- Gradually add sugar and mix well.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
- Sift flour with salt and cinnamon; gradually add to cream mixture.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Fill cookie press and form cookies on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Cool before removing from baking dish.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I received a Wilton Cookie Pro Ultra Spritz cookie maker for Christmas last year. I was searching for a recipe since the one provided on the box failed. These turned out great! I divided the dough and colored one red and the other green. These were very easy to make. I altered the flavoring just a little by adding 1/2 teaspoon of Almond extrac and 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla. I also took the extra egg white and made a glaze paste with decorative sprinkles over the cookies just before putting in the oven.
I tried this for a different variation on spritz this year, and I'm very glad I did. It could have been a little sweeter for my tastes, but it was closer to the taste I have been searching for than the "regular" spritz recipes I've tried in past years have been (and I'm sure my family is going to enjoy them). I made a half batch as a test run yesterday, and I got 58 cookies. It seemed like some of them spread during baking a little more than I was expecting - not sure why some spread and some didn't. Ultimately for my oven it took a bake time of between 11-1/2 to 12 minutes. Thank you for posting, I look forward to making these again in the future! EDITED TO SAY these are <b>really</b> good out of the freezer!!! YUM!