- Ready In:
- Heat oven to 400 F.
- Grease bottoms only of 12 medium muffin cups, 2 1/2 × 1 1/4 inches, or place paper baking cup in each muffin cup.
- Beat brown sugar, molasses, milk, oil and egg in large bowl, using spoon.
- Stir in remaining ingredients just until flour is moistened.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin cups.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Immediately remove from pan to wire rack.
- Serve warm if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had three apples that needed to be used and I saw this recipe and thought they would make a nice add in. I used an electric mixer in step 3 and beat everything except the milk until lightened in colour and very smooth. I had to guess at the amount of milk required and figured I could just add some in with the flour until the consistency looked ok. I guessed at 1/2 c and it made a light thick dough to which I added the finely chopped apples. Also I added about 1 tsp more each of the ginger (I like ginger) and baking powder (I was out of baking soda). The addition of the apples made it make 12 regular muffins and 12 mini muffins. They were all nice and puffy with a light texture, and yummy gingerbread flavor. [Editor's Note: recipe updated as a result of this review 6/17/03]