Ginger-Soy Salmon & Bok Choy
photo by piranhabriana
- Ready In:
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bok choy, halved lengthwise, the slice crosswise in 1 -in . strips
- 4 ounces shiitake mushrooms, stems discarded, caps sliced
- 1 cup carrot, shredded
- 4 (5 -6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 3 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons orange marmalade
- toasted sesame seeds
- Heat broiler.
- Heat oil in a a large, deep oven proof nonstick skillet.
- Add 1 tbls ginger and the garlic; cook over low heat a few seconds until fragrant.
- Add bok choy, mushrooms and carrots.
- Stir-fry 4 to 6 minutes, until bok choy and carrots are crisp-tender.
- Remove to a serving bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Place salmon skin side down in skillet,
- In a small cup, mix remaining 1 tbls ginger, the soy sauce and marmalade.
- Spoon about half of soy sauce mixture over salmon.
- Broil 4 to 6 minutes until salmon is just cooked through.
- Drizzle with remaining soy sauce mixture and serve with the vegetables.
- Top with sesame seeds, if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
The salmon was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G.... I will definitely make it again. I rate it a 4 because I was not a fan of the bok choy. In all fairness its my first time eating bok choy so perhaps I just don't like it! DH loved it though! I used apricot marmalade instead of orange because I had some leftover from another recipe I'd made... The salmon was seriously divine though and I think I will definitely experiment with other flavors of marmalade... I don't think you could go wrong! I got salmon with the skin already removed and I had to broil it for about 10 minutes for it to be cooked to my liking.
see 2 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>? Hi! My name is Teresa.? My husband and I like to take RV trips but it seems lately we just us it for vintage motorcross races. I enjoy hiking, snowshoeing, have done some rock climbing but age is creeping up on my poor old bones. Anything to do with the outdoors I enjoy, so why do I live in rainy Washington state? We have 2 wonderful children, both grown. My son lives in LA and my daughter and her husband recently moved back in the area with their little boy...our grandson... who just turned?5 years old. We have a granddaughter who lives close by...she just turned 23 this year. She's a sweetheart.? Life is good when you have a son and a?daughter and they?gift?you with a granddaughter and grandson. :)??</p>