photo by DeeBee
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together the sugars, molasses, shortening, butter, egg, and vanilla in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In another large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, salt, cinnamon, and cloves.
- Pour the dry mixture into the wet mixture and beat while adding the water. Continue to mix until ingredients are incorporated. Refrigerate dough until easy to handle.
- Measure a heaping teaspoon of dough at time. Roll the dough into a sphere between the palms of your hands then press the dough onto the cookie sheet. At this point you can roll in granulated sugar if desired. Flatten to about 1/8-inch thick.
- Bake cookies for 10-14 minutes or until edges begin to brown and cookies are crispy when cool.
- Makes 120 (10 dozen) cookies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hmm... let's see.. Cooking is my passion... I'm retired now and able to cook and bake every day. I think the most helpful cookbook that I own would have to be The New Doubleday Cookbook. I just love kitchen gadgets and have many of them. Besides cooking I love to sing and belong to the Sweet Adeline's International. I get very annoyed at people who are LATE! I think it's just as easy to be late as it is to be on time. Well.. thanks to all of you at Zaar for all of your terrific recipes and ideas that bring my friends and family much joy and happiness. They get to try all of my new recipes.